Hue Riders - Vietnam Motorbike Tours
How much cash should you bring with you to Vietnam?
It depends on how you will be accessing your money while you are here. ATMS's are easy to find in all big towns and cities, and most hotels and some big souvenir shops will accept credit cards. Cash in foreign currencies can be changed at banks with minimum hassle, but banks are usually closed from 11.30am-1.30pm on weekdays for lunch, in the larger cities they are open on saturday mornings. You can also exchange cash at gold shops, they tend to be located near markets and are usually open all day, everyday
When travelling off the beaten track however some of the smaller towns may not have ATM facilities.
Your Hue Riders guide will advise you in advance when you may not have access to a cash machine or bank for a few days.
When you first arrive the exchange rate and all those zeros can take a bit of getting used to. But its worth the effort
for all the money you will save on day to day purchases when you use Dong instead of dollars.
Here are some examples of prices in Hue, in Hanoi/Saigon you may pay more
FOOD & DRINK at local restaurants/cafes
FOOD & DRINK at Western (touristy) restaurants
- Bowl of pho (noodle soup): 20,000
- Beef/chicken/prawns with crispy noodles: 30,000
- Banana pancake with honey: 25,000
- Omlette and baguette: 20,000
- A bottle of Huda Beer: 6,000 - 10,000
- 350ml bottle of Hanoi Vodka: 30,000 - 40,000
- Can of coke: 6,000
- Coffee: 8,000 - 10,000
- Small water (bottle): 6,000
- Big water (bottle): 10,000 - 12,000
- Large pizza: 100,000 - 150,000
- Burger and fries: 80,000
- beefsteak and fries: 90,000
- Beef/chicken/prawns with crispy noodles: 60,000
- Pumpkin soup: 40,000
- Plate of sushi: 60,000
- A bottle of Huda Beer: 20,000 - 30,000
- basic spirit and mixer: 30,000 - 40,000
- Cocktail: 60,000 - 80,000
- Coffee: 20,000 - 30,000
- Small water (bottle): 10,000
- Big water (bottle): 15,000 - 20,000
- KFC fillet burger + fries + pepsi: 70,000
- Lotteria Cheeseburger + fries + pepsi: 52,000
- Large Baguette: 4,000
- packet of biscuits: 10,000 - 20,000
- Seasonal Fruit: 30,000 per kilo
- Packet of cigarettes: 20,000-30,000
- Movie DVD: 10,000-14,000
- Hair shampoo, cut and blow dry: 30,000-100,000
Check out the handy Currency Converter below
Read what our guests say...
Jenny from Manchester, England 23/04/08
I have had a brilliant time. I didn't know it until i met you but a trip in the mountains on your motorbike was just what I wanted to do. I have smiled the whole way, I would love to go further but unfortunatley I don't have time. Hung is a great guide, he is knowledgeable and a safe rider. If you read this and are not sure take a day trip with him. I have seen and experienced things that I would not have if i hadn't met Hung. This is a definate highlight of my holiday and will be the part i remember most. Thanks so much, Jenny
Justin from USA 10/03/09
Thank you so much for the amazing adventure accross central Vietnam. For me, this motorbike trip has been the highlight of my travels in Vietnam. For anyone comtemplating an adventure with HueRiders, take the time to see Vietnam by motorbike...from Hue to Dalat...or customize your adventure with them. It is an understatement just to say it will be an adventure you will never forget.
Monks at Tu Hieu Temple,Hue
Tam Coc,Ninh Binh
"Halong Bay on the rice paddies"
Flower markets, Dalat
Thien Mu Pagoda, Hue